Showbiz Made Desperate

Tuesday 29 April 2008

How Rude!

Full marks to writer-cum-Catherine-Tate-sidekick Derren Litten! He’s not one to take any shite off some uppity viewer writing into complain about his ITV chav comedy drama Benidorm.

Sue Fisher wrote to complain about the foul language and teenage pregnancy and this is the response she got!

"Good point well made. Let's dub all the remaining episodes with "flippin' 'ecks" and "blimeys". Alternatively we could go back to Benidorm and re-shoot the whole series. Failing this I would recommend Mrs Fisher go f*** herself with the fat end of a pineapple."

Alas funnyman Derren didn’t email this back to Sue, he sent it around to his ITV colleagues instead. One of whom sent it onto the Sunday Mirror! We agree this is comedy gold should be shared with all rounders but we doubt that was the loose-fingered emailer’s intention. TV’s even worse than journalism for bitchy competitiveness!

I love letters of complaint though. I love rude replies even more! Top work Dez!

Source

1 comment:

Clair said...

I love Benidorm, me. The only thing on the tellybox that makes me laugh out loud, it is.